Get Help


Here are answers to frequently asked questions:

How does my organisation make a referral to the foodbank?

Our foodbank works with a range of local agencies who meet people at risk of going hungry. Citizens Advice, children’s centres and health visitors are just some of those who can make refer people to our foodbank by issuing them with a foodbank voucher. If you think that your organisation could help people by referring them to our foodbank, please get in touch with us to discuss becoming a registered voucher holder.

Where is my nearest foodbank?

We have foodbanks in Bodmin, Wadebridge and Camelford, from which we cover a large area right across North Cornwall. Please go to the locations page to find the address and opening times of each of our foodbanks. Please note you must have a foodbank voucher to receive help from the foodbank. If you don’t have a voucher please contact us to find out how to get a voucher.

What’s in a typical food parcel?

A typical food parcel contains a minimum of three days of nutritionally balanced, non-perishable, tinned and dried foods that have been donated by the local community. A typical food parcel includes: breakfast cereal, soup, pasta, rice, pasta sauce, baked beans, tinned meat, tinned vegetables, instant mash, UHT milk, tea, coffee, sugar, tinned dessert and biscuits. Some foodbanks also provide fresh produce if they are able to.

What about special dietary requirements?

Our foodbank can usually adapt your food parcel to suit your dietary needs. Just let them know when you arrive with your voucher. We can provide specific parcels for a range of needs including people with diabetes, gluten intolerance, vegetarians and halal. We will also endeavour to adapt your parcel to accommodate any food allergies you indicate.

Will the food parcel cater for my whole family?

Our foodbank will adapt your food parcel according to the number of adults and children indicated on your voucher. They will also endeavour to provide foods that are age appropriate and in suitable quantities for your children.

I have a baby, can you help with supplies of nappies and baby food?

Our foodbank usually carries a small stock of nappies and baby foods, which we can add to your parcel. Please let the foodbank know when you arrive if you need additional items for your baby. We will also signpost you to local provision of further support where possible.

What if I can’t get to a foodbank?

Our foodbank may be able to deliver your food parcel to your home, especially if you have mobility needs or are unwell. Please discuss this with the agency that refers you and get in touch with the foodbank directly to discuss this.

What other things can you help with?

We also often carry supplies of other household items such as toiletries, cleaning products, pet food and feminine hygiene products. If you need any of these items, please let the referral agency know when they are issuing your voucher.

What other services does the foodbank offer?

We can signpost to debt counselling and money management courses, and sometimes run these ourselves. We can offer help, support and signposting to other support services that can help you with issues that might include housing, benefits and crisis grants. If we don’t know where to go, it’s likely that we’ll know someone who will, so please don’t struggle alone, ask one of our team for support. We also run StoreHouse, a furniture and household goods scheme that donates items, free of charge, to local people in crisis need.


Back to Get Help